CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Marathon Relay

The long awaited marathon relay was Saturday. I had organized 2 teams.
United 1 - Katherine Steele, Lisa Chandler, Chrissy Heaston, Me and Cathy Moon. We finished in 4:09:37.
United 2 - Lisa Free, Amanda Johansen, Fran Palmer, Darcie Liptrot, and Heather McDaniel finished in 4:17:21.

The run was beautiful and the day couldn't have been more perfect! I finished 5 miles in 41:30 - an average of 8.26 minute miles! That's my personal best and I was very excited and proud of myself.

This is Darcie and I. Just waiting for our turn to run!

There were quite a few friends of mine running the 1/2 or the full, so it was a lot of fun watching them pass and cheering them on. Tyson and Dustin ran the full. Tyson finished in 4:05:33 and Dustin finished in 4:00:52. Way to go boys! I was sure proud of you! Next time, we'll all be running together :)

It was pretty hectic after the race. I felt bad that I couldn't find the whole team for a group picture. But I had a great time running with an awesome bunch of ladies!

Following the race, the kids ran a kids k. I had planned on Tyler and Emily running, but on the morning of the expo, Gavin asked me to put his shoes on and said "Now I can run the marafon with you mommy." How can I say no to that? I signed him up and expected to carry him through the finish line. Nope. He ran the entire time. I couldn't believe it. About 1/2 way through, he mentioned that he was getting tired. I encouraged him to keep running, and that he did. He finished in 10 minutes. Tyler and Emily ran on their own. I was pretty nervous and just hoped that they would wait at the finish line for us to finish. Tyler finished in 7 minutes and 30 seconds, and Emily finished in just over 8 minutes. Pretty incredible if you ask me :) I was one proud momma!

Next up.... the 1/2 marathon in October!

1 comments:

AlexFam said...

That is such a great accomplishment. I love how your kids are getting involved too. Awesome memories for you and your family.