CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Gavin's first day of school

My little man started Joy School yesterday. I had debated sending him to pre-school, and believe it or not, actually lost sleep over trying to reach a decision. I am not sure what's wrong with me, but I just couldn't send him. Something suddenly hit me that I'm almost out of kids. I have come to realize that once you let them go, there's no getting them back. I decided to hang on to him for one more year and just let him do a Joy School with a few of his buddies.

He has looked forward to this day since the kids went back to school. Every night he asked me if he got to go to school tomorrow, and was sorely disappointed when I would say no. He was ecstatic when I told him that today was the day. He spent lots of time organizing his pencil box and back pack.

Front, L-R: Jaylie, Ty, Seth
Back, L-R: Emma, Gavin, Parker

He LOVED his first day. He came home and said, "Mom. I didn't even get bullied." I'd like to see what happened if someone tried to bully Gavin. I'm pretty sure it would only happen once. He listened to stories, frosted cookies, practiced his writing, put a book together, and finger painted - kind of. He was pretty grossed out about the whole process of putting paint all over your fingers, so he used a paint brush instead. He had a great day and can't wait to go again next week.

1 comments:

AlexFam said...

I agree, it's hard to let them go. But I can tell he loves it! He looks so happy. And just think about all the one on one time you will have with Kate. A win, win situation.