CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sea World

We took a break from Disneyland on Wednesday and headed to Sea World. We really enjoyed seeing the ocean from the car, and I was wishing we would have had a little more time to visit the seashore. Sea World was a fun, relaxing day. A totally different experience than Disneyland.

Who's excited for Sea World? Gavin is!

The first thing we saw was the Beluga Whales. Kate and I spent quite a bit of time learning all about these fascinating mammals while Travis and the others were on a ride. I really was intrigued. It was very relaxing to watch these animals move so effortlessly through the water.



The penguins were next. All of my kids absolutely love penguins, so it was a lot of fun. A little stinky, OK, a lot stinky, but fun.





The shark encounter kind of creeped them all out. I'm not sure why. I think they were afraid of falling into the tank to be devoured by some ferocious creature. I was hoping for a HUGE shark!

The Fresh Water exhibit. The kids thought the transparent fish and the piranas were amazing. Tyler was disappointed that we had to miss the feeding of the piranas.



The Sea Lion show was very good. The kids thought it was hilarious! I have to say that I impressed myself with my vast knowledge of sea lions. Following the show, they did a question and answer session about sea lions, and guess who knew all the answers? Yours truly :)


The dolphin show was pretty disappointing. They tried to make it into some sort of musical something or other and there was very little focus on the dolphins. Bummer.

The Shamu show is always entertaining and we weren't disappointed. Maybe in my next life I will choose to be an animal trainer ;)


We got the opportunity to pet sting rays. Gavin and Tyler were extremely nervous. We were told that the stingers were cut off so Tyler decided to give it a shot. Gavin, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with them.

Tyler and Emily loved riding Atlantis, Gavin cried throughout the entire ride. Gavin and Kate enjoyed the Sesame Street Bay of Play.

My kids and I love walruses, but they are truly disgusting animals. They use their whiskers to feel for their food, gulp it down and spit out the remains of the fish. They were also puking and pooping all over the place. Gross!!!

Kate loves her daddy! Daddy loves his Kate!

What cute girls I have!

0 comments: