CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lou Lou

We had to put our sweet dog Lou Lou to sleep a few months ago.  Her hip went out on her, and she was in really bad shape.  We had known for about a month that she was slowing down, but she went from bad to worse overnight.  Emily loved Lou and was crushed.  It broke my heart to watch her say goodbye.  The worst was when she chased her dad down the street when he took Lou away. 

We buried her in Morgan at Travis' parents house.  They were so sweet to tie a ribbon around the fence post and place a big rock where she was buried so Emily could find her easily when she wanted to visit.

I had Travis keep her collar for Emily.  She placed the collar and Lou's blanket in a box.  I came upstairs a few days ago to find Emily laying on the couch, in tears, hugging the box.  We need to get this girl a new puppy soon!

Anyway, the reason I posted this is because of a conversation I had with Kate yesterday.  She asked me where Lou was, and I told her she was at Grandma's house.  She thought for a minute and replied, "Is Grandma's house heaven?"

Pretty sweet :)

0 comments: