CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

What a fun Halloween we had this year.  Probably the best I can remember for a long time.  Usually Halloween isn't really very exciting for me, but I really enjoyed it this year.  We had lots of fun parties, and did some really fun stuff, like...

CARVING THE PUMPKINS!

We get together each year with my family to carve the pumpkins.  This year we went to my mom and dads and had a blast!  

Guy showed up dressed like the clown that he is.  My dad is afraid of clowns, and when he opened the garage door, Guy was standing there with a big balloon with his name on it.  I'm not sure if my dad was afraid or not, but Gavin was a bit nervous.   There is never a dull moment with Guy around.  He is a fun brother in law!

Emily and Bree always enjoy their time together.  Emily often calls Bree her very best friend.  I never had close cousins growing up, so I am very grateful that my kids do.

Ty was the master of removing the tops of the pumpkins.  Literally.  He pulled the stems right off of two pumpkins.

I thought Emily would be a little grossed out when gutting the pumpkin, but I was wrong.  She did her pumpkin all by herself! 

Gavin wanted to do everything all by himself.  Including the carving.  Call me crazy, but I don't trust him with ANY sharp object.

Good food.  You can tell that Kate enjoyed it. We ate vegetable soup, corn chowder, chili, breadsticks and yummy cookies from Cutlers. MMMMM. 

Cari and Gracie.  Why is it that the kids always pick the toughest patterns?

Em was a little trooper.  She never stopped until her pumpkin was finished.

Gavin and grandpa working on Buzz Lightyear.

Tyler and Travis are missing from most of the pictures because they were at the Ute's game.  

Lexie, Gracie, Gavin, Emily and Bree

The kids showing off their hard work!

Here's the end results.  Not bad for a bunch of amateurs!

1 comments:

AlexFam said...

Wow! Those are awesome. We had the traditional triangle eye pattern. You guys are super talented.