CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 16, 2010

East Canyon

The kids and I joined Travis' family at East Canyon for some boating, BBQing, and playing in the water.

Here's Maren

Brooklyn... she is always making some silly face!

Gavin and his partner in crime, Zack. They are such good friends and I love to see watch the wheels turning in their heads every time they get together.

Tyler was the first on the tube, and had an absolute BLAST!!!! I think he would have ridden it all night long, if given the opportunity.
Next up was Emily. She would never admit it, but I think she was a bit nervous. Her knuckles were white from holding on to the handles so tightly, but she loved it as well.
I thought Grandpa Paul would slow the boat down a bit for Gavin. I should know better. In fact, I think he went the fastest with this little thrill seeker.
Last but not least, Emma. She is such a sweet little thing, and made sure that her daddy had a turn.

Here's the kids jumping off the boat for a little swim. I wish I would have had a picture of Emma's face when she went it. After Gavin witnessed her fear, he opted to stay in the boat.
Kate was a little nervous on the boat ride. She had her legs wrapped around mine so tightly that I couldn't have pried her off if I had tried. She preferred the safety of sitting on the bank with her sand bucket. She also liked to stick her toes in just enough to barely get them wet. She was a happy girl. Her aunt Amy always makes sure that she has more than her fair share of treats!

Tyson is such a good sport. He is always playing with the kids. He would sit them all on the banana and try to buck them off. He was also the grill master! Great job on the food!
This was a game of "flying fish". Dustin (aka Grizzly Adams) caught this fish with his bare hands. He threw it at Heather, and a war ensued with this poor, innocent little fish. The fish ended up in Gavin's life jacket and on my shoulder, among other places. I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard in all my life! Sorry, little fish. May you rest in peace.
This just looks like no good to me. The girls were planning how they were going to get even with Dustin.

Megan

Dustin is a great skier. He always makes everything look so easy.
Tyler wanted to try water-skiing. Dustin was such a patient teacher. He taught him everything he needed to know.... except to let go of the rope. The skis were a bit too big, and immediately fell off when the boat started to pull him, but Tyler didn't let go of the rope. We didn't realize that we were dragging him behind. What a little trooper. I'm sure he swallowed more than his fair share of East Canyon. Hopefully it didn't scar him too bad and he'll want to give it another shot with some smaller skis.

I promised Tyler that if he tried to ski, I would too. It's been a long time since I have skied, but it was SO MUCH FUN!!! I got up on two skis on my first try. All my fans were cheering me on and trying to get me to go over the wake. I was surprised how huge and scary the wake looked from my view. I made it out with no trouble at all, but didn't have enough courage to cross over to the other side. The water got a little bumpy and one ski went one way, while the other went the opposite direction. Down I went! Next time, I'd like to try to slalom :)

What a great night! We missed Travis. He had some church business to attend to. I was somewhat hesitant to go without him, but I am so glad that I chose to go. We had more fun than I had imagined. In fact, it was the most fun I have had in a long time.

0 comments: