CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Halloween

I can't believe I'm barely finishing up Halloween. It seems so long ago, I can hardly remember it. I'll start with the pumpkin carving. We ended up with 13 pumpkins, and we were all very excited to carve every last one of them. Needless to say, after four, the kids were done. There was no way I was going to carve 8 myself, so this is what we ended up with.

Emily wanted to be a 50s girl, and wanted Kate to have a matching costume. Kind of a funny story about her skirt.... I bought what I thought to be a pattern in Emily's size. When buying the material, I kept thinking that she was cutting an awful lot of fabric, but hey, I'm no expert! As I was sewing, I thought the skirt seemed awful big, but then the pattern probably knows better than I do. When it was finished, the skirt was HUGE!!! Emily could have fit three or four of her friends in the skirt with her. I put so heavy duty elastic in the waist and cut at least 8 inches off the bottom, and presto, we all had matching skirts ;) Too bad there's no pictures of all three of us.
Tyler has never been one to dress up, but he made a good looking crossing guard.

Gavin had the hardest time deciding what he wanted to be. He ended up as Heat Blast (from Ben 10). Personally, I think he just loved the mask.

When Halloween finally rolled around, it was cold and rainy. Kate only went to three houses, but was thrilled with handing out candy at home. She still got her fair share of candy, thanks to some great neighbors, and especially loved the suckers.

I think Tyler's favorite part of Halloween is sorting and analyzing his candy. He has done this every year since he's been three years old, and I am amazed that he still continues to do so.

0 comments: