CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

What a Day!!!

We were getting ready to go have some fun today when Tyler frantically came running screaming that Gavin was in trouble.  I rushed to see what was wrong and found bright pink (almost red) fingernail polish all over the family room floor.  I started cleaning it up and realized that he was pretty quiet.  I found him on my bathroom counter spreading hand soap all over the mirror.  For sanity's sake, I had to leave the mess and GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!

Today made me remember a day about a month ago.  Travis was at his meetings and we were going camping the next day.  The kids were in the house playing as I was in and out trying to get the trailer packed.  I was probably busy for about 15 minutes.  When I came to check on things, this is what I found.... Gavin had taken a bottle of baby lotion and dumped it all over the floor, a bottle of Desitin was smeared up and down the walls (have you ever tried to clean up Desitin? What a mess!). He had taken all the popsicles and ice cream sandwiches from the freezer and they had melted all over the La-Z-Boy.  And my personal favorite, he filled the bathroom sink with 1/2 bottle of shampoo and toilet paper, clogged the drain, and turned the water on.  By the time I found it, the sink had overflowed, the bathroom floor was covered in water (and bubbles) and the drawers had both filled with water.  I didn't even know where to start with the mess.  I amazed myself that I was able to keep my cool.  I've said it before... someday I am sure that I will find this funny!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, I feel your pain!!! I totally agree on the Desitin, it doesn't come out of anything. Cody and Kenzie had spread a whole tube of it all over Kenzie's room back when they were younger. It never did come out of the carpet or the clothes that they were wearing. It's amazing how quickly kids can make a mess!! I'm impressed that you kept your cool and I'm sure we will all find the things that our kids do now quite funny when they are all grown!!

Stacie said...

Good luck to you Stef. I have a little monster, too. You are way too nice, I would have left the house, without them, because they would have been locked in a closet for a while! Just kidding, I have never done that, but I've wanted to a few times.

Brooke and Jason said...

Oh my heck!!! I would have died! I would have freaked out first though!!! Good girl for keeping your cool!

Lisa said...

Did I not warn you to never name your child Gavin. These stories are all too familiar. Try the name "Megan" next time. Worked better for us.

The Lloyds said...

Hopefully that isn't one of Travis's genes or Levi and I are in trouble!