CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Choir Concert/Geography Bee

There's been lots keeping up busy at the school the last couple of weeks. First, Emily  joined the school choir and had her first concert.  She was really excited, maybe a little nervous too?  The jitters didn't last long with her friend Megan standing next to her.  They were funny to watch.  Megan was really singing, and I think Emily was trying to compete to see who could sing louder.  She did a great job and was really proud of herself (as were her parents!)

Tyler was one of twenty four students (out of 700+) chosen to participate in the school's Geography Bee.  He was given a list of questions (very hard ones too, I must add.  There are countries out there that I didn't even know existed!) and told that these were the questions he would be given.  He studied HARD.  Every night for at least an hour, for about a month.  He knew the questions front, back, up and down. Imagine what a disappointment when he got there and NOT ONE QUESTION off the list was used.  He lasted three rounds before he was eliminated.  He was frustrated.  I felt so sad for him.  Regardless, he did a fantastic job.  We were proud of him, the dedication he showed and the great kid that he is!

I love to see the kids anxious to be involved.  
We are so proud of the both of you :)

2 comments:

AlexFam said...

I can relate...Remember that biology class we had at Weber State where the questions on the tests were never covered in class, or in our reading? That was frustrating indeed!

Travis & Steff said...

Ah, yes. I had forgotten all about that. I HATED that class!!!!! In fact, I think I ended up dropping it so that I wouldn't flunk!