CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O Christmas Tree....

It all started with putting lights on the tree.....

I like to string colored and clear lights on the tree.  I tested every single strand before putting them on, of course.  I got 3/4 of the way done, and ran out of lights.  No problem, I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart, and finished the top of the tree with brand new lights. 

After I finished, we stood back to light it up, and what do you know? The bottom 1/4 of the tree wouldn't light.  

UGH!  I HATE STRINGING THE LIGHTS!  

So back to Wal-Mart I went.  Took the bottom part of the lights off and re-did them.  Drum roll..... Now the TOP didn't light up!  Brand new lights!  So I am getting REALLY frustrated at this point.  Travis made another trip to Wal-Mart ($40 later) and after the third attempt, the lights were looking fantastic.

I decided to stand back and let the kids decorate the tree by themselves.  After all, isn't that what it's all about?  (Not to mention, I was exhausted after spending 8 hours putting lights on the tree.)  It turned out surprisingly good!  They were all so proud of themselves!

With Gavin's help, I wrapped a few presents.  His job was to place the presents under the tree after they were wrapped.  When I noticed what he had done, it made me smile (and giggle a little).  Instead of putting the presents UNDER the tree, he put them ON the tree.  

* I regret to inform you that now NONE of the lights on the tree light up.  Travis said that I had too many plugged into one outlet without a surge protector.  If HE doesn't fix them, there will be no lights on the tree this year!!!!!

3 comments:

Moline Family said...

he he he! Isn't Christmas time special. We had that problem last year with out outside lights. I threw them all away without him knowing because I knew he would try to put them up again and we would end up with only parts of our house lit up. So this year only the porch is lit up, but it made out lives so much easier. Maybe you should try lights from a different store other than Walmart :)

Moline Family said...

For some reason every time I meant to say our I said out. I meant our.

Lisa said...

It's nice to hear that we aren't the only people cursing our lights. I think a pre-lit tree would be worth every penny.