CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

Back to school. Sigh. It always brings me anxiety. I hate change. I hate how fast time it going. I hate that the kids are getting older. I really wish I could freeze them in time and keep them exactly as they are.

We had the traditional cinnamon rolls. I found a 1 hour recipe that I am very grateful for. I got to sleep in until 6 a.m. The kids were so excited. They were both up at 6:30 to help finish baking. Gavin was up and ready at 7:30. He was sorely disappointed that he had to wait until 11:25 to start afternoon kindergarten.





TYLER
Tyler started sixth grade today. SIXTH GRADE! I cannot believe it. He got Mrs. Adams as his teacher. She is new at Cook this year, so I don't know a whole lot about her, but she seems nice. His classroom is in the computer lab. Kind of weird. They are building a portable for their class, but that will take 3-6 weeks. He has a few of his good friends in his class and came home super excited to apply for student council. Here's hoping.....



EMILY
Emily started third grade. When I took her school shopping, she picked some clothes I never would have imagined. I always thought she would be a t-shirt and tennis shoe girl. Kind of like her mom. She was picking out darling clothes, but they were shirts with scarves attached, long shirts with leggings and fancy boots. Hmmmm. Who would have thought. She said, "Mom. I'm changing my style a little this year." Another sigh. She got Mrs. Price and Mrs. Horsley and loved both of them.



GAVIN
Gavin started kindergarten today. Huge sigh. I cannot believe that he is starting school. What am I going to do without him? I'm definitely the one with separation anxiety. I walked him to his class and he was ready to go. He hung up his backpack, got his blue bin and quickly found his seat. Then he wrote his name on his paper and started coloring a picture. I gave him a kiss and a hug and walked out the door. As I left, I turned to look one more time. I shouldn't have. I saw him sitting there so big just doing his thing. His entire life flashed before my eyes. Then I had to go back in and give him just one more kiss...... I had to remind myself that he would only be gone for two hours.



This is the last thing I saw as I walked out the door.  Now you tell me, would you have cried?

A pretty good looking bunch of kids!



As much as I hate how fast the kids are growing up, I am so grateful for each of them. I enjoy every minute I have to spend with them. I hope they realize how much talent, ability and potential they have. Most of all, I hope they know how much they are loved.

1 comments:

AlexFam said...

OH DANG!!! I love your cinnamon roll tradition and I forgot to do it this year. Mostly due to Kaylee's shoe meltdown and Peyton sleeping in because 8th graders didn't have to be to school until 11:00 on the first day. I didn't even get a picture. Maybe I will have to recreate the day (at least the outfit part for pictures) Or maybe I'll just make them tomorrow and say, hope you had a good first week! You are the best mom EVER!!!!