CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 19, 2011

How old ARE you?

So much to catch up on, but I had to blog this today before I forgot.

I was volunteering in Emily's class yesterday.  I took Kate with me and she was being a bit stubborn.  It had been a long week for her.  The kids had early week all week long and she hadn't had a chance to take a nap.  I'm sure she was exhausted.  Anyway, she ran to the corner by the door, about 30 yards away from me.  I was watching her like a hawk, making sure she didn't try to escape out the door.  A nice lady walked in and spotted Kate in the corner.  I heard her say, "let's go find your mom", sure she was just going to bring her back to me, not really sure why she cared if she was in the corner or sitting right next to me.  She tried to hold Kate's hand and Kate refused, so she picked her up.  She started walking towards me and said, "Oh, does she belong to you?"  I quickly claimed my daughter and this woman said, "You look way too young to have children.  In fact, I thought you were a student here."

For real? 

This reminded me of a couple other incidents.

When Travis and I were newly married, we went to one of his little brother's high school football game.  When paying admission, he noticed that they only charged him for one ticket.  He told them he needed to pay for two tickets and the gentleman replied, "Junior High students get in for free."

Hmmmm.

One more..... when we were living in Roy, I had a salesman knock on my door.  When I opened the door, he said, "Hi.  Is your mother here?"  I just stood there, speechless, sure that he was trying to be charming before he made his sales pitch.  After a moment of silence, I responded, "Nope.  My mom is not here." And shut the door.

3 comments:

AlexFam said...

It's because you are a kid at heart and you are so kind and fun loving! Enjoy it!!

I have that problem, but with my voice. I do the same thing with salesmen that call on the phone. When they ask if my mom is there, I can honestly say NO and hang up. Comes in handy.

Natalie said...

those are so hilarious - you youthful gal!!! Must be fun to re-live your teenage years!

JimnAnne Ringle said...

This post made me laugh. You are awesome!