CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bad Week

I was having a particularly bad week.  I don't mean to paint a "poor me"  picture, but I was feeling like I was all alone on this journey and that there was nobody that really cared.  After I finished showering one morning, I glanced down at the sink before wiping it out.  Imagine my surprise when this is what I found.  * Note - this photo has NOT been altered *

Absolutely amazing!  It made me realize and remember that someone was looking out for me.

But that's not all.....
Travis and I were watching TV one Friday night.  Around 10:00 p.m., the doorbell rang.  When I went to answer the door, this is what was waiting for me......

I babysat one of my friend's daughters for a few months while she tried her hand at working outside the home.  I did not want to accept payment.  I believe that there are certain times that you do things to help others out and this was one of those times.  She hung up her career after 4 months and took up creating furniture.  I loved this particular bench and she thought this would be a good way to pay me back.  Thanks, Darcie, you're the best :)

One more.  Travis home teaches the sweetest little lady, Sister Genereaux.  She ties the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen.  She is the one that made Kate her favorite blanket that she just can't get enough of.  He came home from visiting her one Sunday and handed me a quilt she had made for me with the following note attatched:

Dear Sister Barnes,
     I admire you so much.  You are so patient and kind and you are such a great example to me.
     When I saw this material I knew exactly who I should make it for.  Please accept this with all the love and warmth that is in my heart for you.
Sister Genereaux.

Talk about an emotional couple of days.  I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven and those that choose to listen and serve others.  I hope that if I ever get feeling unloved and alone again, I will be able to look back on this post and realize that someone out there has my best interest at heart.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, thanks for sharing. It's neat how Heavenly Father sends his children to not only share their love, but to show His love for us. Very touching.