CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bike ride from... you know where!!!

It started out really good.  We packed a picnic lunch, loaded Kate and Gavin into my new bike trailer (which, by the way, I absolutely LOVE!!!), and headed to Jensen Pond to feed the ducks.  The kids had a blast with the picnic, the ducks and throwing rocks into the pond.  After we had finished our lunch, the boys decided they wanted to race around the big loop, which is probably 1 - 1 1/2 miles long.  About half way through the loop, I got a flat tire.  No problem.  I had remembered to pack a pump.  Boy, I am brilliant!!!  By the time we finished the loop, my tire was REALLY flat.  We tried to pump it up again enough 
to get me home, but the air wasn't even staying in the tire by this point.  I was just going to push the bike home, but Carrie insisted she would ride home and get her truck to come and pick us up.  Poor Carrie.  Her bottom was already sore.  By the time she came to our rescue, she was so tired.  We loaded up the bikes and headed for home. I am so grateful that she decided to come with us today, and that she insisted on going to get her truck.  It probably would have taken me another hour to get home.  Thanks Carrie :)  

When we got home, the boys asked if they could ride to Seven Eleven to get a Slurpy.  It was pretty funny when we looked at each other and then responded
 "NO!!!"
Emily, Braxton, Taylor, Thomas, Gavin, Tyler and Madison

Carrie, Braxton, Taylor and Madison

Emily and Taylor

Madison, Taylor, Kate, Emily, Tyler, Thomas, Braxton and Gavin

Even though the bike ride/picnic took us about three hours, we still had a great time, and look forward to doing it all again (minus the flat tire).  Maybe next time I'll take some green slime :)

I almost forgot to add the best photo of the trip...



0 comments: