CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

First day of school, 2009-2010

First day of school!  Tyler started fourth grade and Emily started first grade.  Remember how nervous you used to get as a kid?  Well, I still had the butterflies and I am 35 years old!  I don't do to well with change and it's killing me that the kids are getting so big.  Travis asked if I was going to go crazy after they grew up and left the house... I had to answer "YES!"  It seriously makes me so sad - it hurts!

The kids were both pretty nervous the night before.  Emily was afraid that she wouldn't know anybody in her class, and even prayed that she would find a friendly face.  Tyler could not go to sleep.  I went down to tuck them in one last time around 11:00, and he was still awake, just laying in his bed.  We chatted for a few minutes and I was able to help calm his nerves.

They were both up bright and early, ready for the big day.  We started a tradition last year of sweet rolls for breakfast on the first day of school.  They had lots of fun choosing the biggest and best looking roll to frost.


Tyler had chosen his favorite shirt, the one with the giant sub sandwich on it, and Emily wore her purple flowery shirt.

After snapping a few pictures, we were off to school.  It was a madhouse!  I had to park around the block, and Ty was afraid he was going to be late, so he just took off.  Emily decided she was going to do the same.  I was left, empty handed, head spinning, wondering what just happened.  My babies were both gone!  Didn't anyone need their mom to walk them to class?  I went into the school anyway to pay lunch money, and found Emily waiting by the front doors for me.  She was a little bit nervous again.  When we entered her classroom, she did, indeed, find a friendly face.  Her friend Megan was waiting for her shouting, "Emily, Emily!!!".  Emily was so excited.  Megan was truly an answer to her prayers.  Thanks Megan :)

They both had great days.  Emily loved the macaroni and cheese for lunch, and Tyler loved playing at recess.  They both have wonderful teachers, and we look forward to a great year!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Megan was so excited to see that Emily was sitting by her. I'm glad they are in the same class this year. Should be a good year.

AlexFam said...

I couldn't tell if Emily was strangling or hugging Tyler in the first photo. They are so cute!!! It's wonderful when they have good experiences at school.