CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Bridger Lake

We went to Bridger Lake for one last camping trip before school started.  I loved relaxing and playing with the kids.  We fished, rode bikes, played games, skipped rocks, played baseball, threw rocks onto lily pads, enjoyed the campfire.  

The first night we were there, a deer wandered right into our campsite.  It was only about 20 yards away from us.  The kids loved watching it and following it around, and spent quite a bit of time the following days tracking it.

I had a hard time deciding which of the 284 pictures to use, because there were lots of good ones.  These are some of my favorites!

I told Tyler that I was going to keep snapping pictures until I got a smile from him.  It worked like a charm! 
 
I love taking pictures of Gavin.  He is very patient with me and loves to pose for the camera.

This really made me laugh.  Emily is very snuggly and lovey, and Tyler is so... not!

This picture actually made me laugh out loud!  Reason being - whenever I play Risk with Tyler, he creams me.  I have to remind myself that Tyler is only nine years old and that I have to be a good sport in order to set an example for him (even though I want to take the game and throw it out the window).  Travis was beating Tyler pretty badly at this point!  Part of me just wanted to say YES!!!!! 
* but I'm more mature than that :)

Sweet little Emily.  She's such a good girl.  Always has a smile on her face.  What would we do without her?

I adore this picture of Kate, runny nosed and all.  I don't think she felt very good during the camping trip, but I am also not sure that Kate is much of a camper.  She really likes to sleep in her own bed. It took us half of the night to get her to sleep, and the other half assuring that she stayed asleep.  Naps were nearly non-existant and I worried that I had messed up her schedule permanently.  She recovered fully and was very grateful to be back home in her own bed.

The kids spent tons of time skipping rocks and throwing them onto lily pads.  I'm surprised there's any rocks left up there at all.

Travis starting the generator.... just in case you couldn't figure that one out :)

This is my favorite picture of Trav and the kids.  They sure love their daddy!

1 comments:

AlexFam said...

I can't believe you play risk with your kids...that game drives me nuts!

The first time I played checkers with my dad, I won! I thought I was so awesome. Now that I am a mom I realize he let me win.

It looks like you had a great time! And no flat tires this trip. HooraY!