CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Snowies

Gavin has been so great with his diabetes.  He's got a good, positive attitude.  He has never complained.  I was worried with baseball and soccer.  After every game, the boys are rewarded with a treat and a drink.  After receiving his treat, he'd run over to me and hand over his loot.  We would either save it for later, or trade him for something he could have right then.  Until tonight when he spotted the snowie stand.  He LOVES snowies.  He wanted one BAD!!!!  He got sad and it made me want to cry.  I stopped at every stand, asking if they had any nutrition information.  Now that probably sounds funny -obviously I know that these things are straight sugar, but if we dose him for the amount of carbohydrates, he can eat anything he wants.  I wasn't surprised that none of the stands could offer me any information.  He was sorely disappointed, so Travis came up with a good solution.  Buy a cup of ice and pour some Crystal Light over the top of it.  When Gavin was presented with this option, he replied,

"That isn't a snowie.  That's Crystal Light over ice!"


It made me a little sad, but also made me laugh a little.  He gave it a shot, and guess what?  He actually thought it was pretty good!  YIPPEE!!!!

0 comments: