CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood!

OK.  If you don't like potty training stories... skip this blog.  I am only blogging this because I am sure that in 20 or so years (probably longer), I may find this funny.  

I decided that now that Gavin is three, I am going to get him potty trained. Whether he is ready or not, because I certainly am.  Anyway, he does really good if he has a bare bum.  So most of our days are spent with him half naked.  I was feeding Kate and he somehow snuck outside without me knowing.  He was supposed to be watching Tarzan.  He came in my bedroom and said "Gavin pooped!"  I was soooo excited thinking that he had pooped on the potty!  I started cheering and dancing and hugging and he interrupted me and said "Outside!"  WHAT???  How can that be?  I didn't even know you were outside.  Let alone NAKED outside. The neighbors must think that we are crazy!  Sure enough, I went outside and there was a nice little treat waiting for me on the front steps.  What am I going to do with you kid?

6 comments:

Stacy said...

That is so funny! We too are trying to potty train and it's not going too well. I thought girls were easy, but Brooklyn has a mind of her own!

Jamie Bowers said...

Oh my gosh Stephanie! I bet you were dying!! I want to potty train Kamyrn but she wants nothing to do with it. Any pointers??

Travis & Steff said...

Jamie -
Whatever I am doing is NOT working!!! You probably don't want any pointers from me, except don't let the child out of your sight, even for two seconds!

Emily Snow said...

steph,
that one takes the cake. that is disgusting! makes you wonder just what exactly is going through a child's head, doesn't it? man, i had to force both my boys to get potty trained when they were 3. you probably remember me resorting to the hose and squirting them off, screaming in the backyard. you are not that mean, i know. i had to find bennion's favorite thing (his blankie) and take it away when he had an accident and give it back when he went. that actually worked really well. the stubborn kid. good luck with this. i don't envy you. :) ha ha.

Stacie said...

Hilarious!! That's all I have to say. It was good to see you today.

B&L Watty Family said...

So funny! I can see why you didn't want to share that one at lunch today.