CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

I knew it would happen sooner or later.  I was just hoping that it would be later than sooner!  Tyler loved to invite me and the kids to join him for school lunch on occasion when he thought they were having something really yummy.  I made sure I went whenever he asked, regardless of what plans I had to change.  I knew that it wouldn't last long.  Anyway, they were having pasta today for lunch (one of his very favorites).  Here's the conversation we had:

Mom:  "Maybe we could come and eat with you today."  
Tyler:  "Mom, you are like the only mom who comes to eat school lunch."
Mom:  "Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?"
Tyler:  "It's OK.  But it's a little bit babyish."
Mom:  Sob, cry, sniff (no, not really). 
Tyler:  "You can come if you want."

We didn't go to school lunch.  I wouldn't want to embarrass him.  I will just cherish the times I did join him and look forward to joining Emily for school lunch.  What am I going to do when they all get too old?  I'll have to join a niece, nephew or neighbor for school lunch.  Or maybe I could become a lunch lady :) HMMM.

5 comments:

Moline Family said...

I had never even thought about joining them for school lunch, you have just implanted a wonderful new plan in my head for when Britton is in school all day. That might help with my seperation anxiety:)I am sorry it has ended with Tyler, but at least you still have three more until it is gone completely.

Stacie said...

You as a lunch lady, funny. I actually have thought about that, too. I've gone to lunch with Spencer a few times, but Maddie? No Way. She would be so embarrassed. It's sad to see them grow up. I was somewhere the other day and everyone around me had small children (under 2). They were all staring at me, and I was staring back. In my head, I was thinking they were jealous that I was sitting there with no one crawling all over me. It was peaceful, but I felt sad, (and old) not having someone crawling all over me. Life is moving too fast!

Travis & Steff said...

Jamie -
Just a word of warning... stay away when they are serving Mac & Cheese and Chicken Pot pie. In fact, make sure you send home lunch those days! UGGH!

AlexFam said...

I'm not allowed to eat school lunch with Peyton either. These are the rules, I'm allowed to eat with Kaylee and give Peyton a nod of the head when he enters the lunch room, but I can not wave, nor will he wave to me. It is also cool if I bring him Wendys for lunch but I can't sit with him I still sit with Kaylee.

So I've learned to enjoy watching him from across the lunch room. It's great to see him joke and have fun with his classmates.

Our cute kids are growing.

Annissa said...

I am glad you found our blog. Your kids are darling! Congrats on your newest addition, I am glad everything went well on her tests.