CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break 2009

I decided that we weren't going to stay home this year for spring break.   I have sooo had it with sitting home, looking at the same old walls.  I definitely needed to get out!  Travis had to work in Idaho Falls, so I decided that I would take the kids and go to my parent's place in Mesquite.  He didn't like the idea of us being alone in a city where I didn't know anybody (my mom and dad weren't going to be there), so we joined him in Idaho Falls.  The weather wasn't great, but we found lots to keep us busy and had a good time.  


THE MUSEUM OF IDAHO
The Museum of Idaho had a Titanic exhibit that we went to see.  It was awesome to see actual artifacts that have been recovered from the ship, as well as stories about the Titanic.  Tyler ate it up.  He loves learning/studying new things.  Gavin and Emily did surprisingly well.  Before we began the tour, we received fact cards about the passengers on the ship.  At the end of our tour, we got to look and see whether they survived or not.  Two of them made it, three did not. It was pretty eye opening to realize what a tragedy it truly was.  


SWIMMING, SWIMMING AND MORE SWIMMING!
The kids spent tons of time swimming.  On Thursday afternoon, they swam for three and a half hours straight!!!  Needless to say, they were so worn out by the end of the day, we just watched Bedtime Stories in our hotel room.  It was a great show!  We all loved it.  They also thought it was pretty cool that the room had a microwave so that we could pop some popcorn!


IDAHO FALLS TEMPLE/MARLIN'S WEDDING
The following morning, Travis' cousin, Marlin, got married in the Idaho Falls Temple.  Unfortunately I was in Pocatello when I realized that I had forgotten my recommend, so I wasn't able to attend the ceremony.

This is Tyler and Uncle John.  I can't tell who's enjoying the noogie more.  Tyler or John?

Grandma Paulette, Grandma Great (Trav's mom and grandma), and Kate.

Gavin and Grandma Great

It was really fun to see all the relatives from Idaho that we only get to see a few times a year.  

0 comments: