CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The best day of Tyler's life :)

The kids got a little antsy yesterday, so I decided to get them out of the house.  We took a picnic to the park and decided to try our hands at tennis.  

Emily couldn't get over the fact that her sandwich was almost as big as her head!


Don't they look like naturals?


We had TONS of fun.  We only had one ball and two racquets, so we had to take turns. Except Gavin.  This is what happened when we tried to take his racquet from him.  He wasn't even crying, just laying there. I'm pretty sure that inside his head he is thinking... "OK.  If I throw a fit, I get my way.  HMMM.  I can handle that". 


Oh look!  It worked...


It took a lot of hard work and imagination to get Gavin to share, but I finally convinced him to let Tyler and Emily play a game.  We played for over two hours.  The kids did great and love playing tennis.  In fact, Emily started a summer camp today and had to take something that describes her.  What do you think she chose?  A tennis racquet :)


Even Kate had a great time.  She is such a good sport to put up with all the things that we do.


Next time we go, we will make sure that each child has a racquet of their own.  Maybe a few more balls too.  When we got home, we played Kerplunk and since Travis was out of town, they all got to sleep in my bed with me.  We talked and giggled until after 11:00 and I got too tired to stay up any longer.  When Tyler told me before we went to bed, "Thanks mom.  This was the most awesome, best day of my entire life!", the thought occurred to me what little effort it takes to make my kids happy.  They love to spend time together as a family.  I hope that next time they start arguing or throwing tantrums that I am able to remember this day.  I really believe that everything can be put on hold... except for the kids :)

5 comments:

Annissa said...

You are such a good Mom!

Travis & Steff said...

Oh Annissa. You are so sweet. I miss you :(

Coolcam said...

That looks way fun, you have inspired me yet again ;)!

AlexFam said...

Great idea! I've got a couple rackets collecting dust in the garage. Time to get them out. You're an awesome mom!

Lisa said...

You are such a great example to me of a great mom. Thanks for reminding us to take the time for the kids.