CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 5, 2009

A glimmer of hope...


Tyler's kind of been in this it's not cool to show that I love my mom phase.  He'll still give me hugs, but he doesn't like to kiss me anymore. It's not cool to have me come to school lunch anymore either.  I was feeling a little bad, until I got a phone call from him last week from school.  His class was doing a may pole weave and he called to remind me to come.  Here's how our phone conversation went:

Tyler:  Hi mom.  Did you remember our may pole weave today?
Mom:  Yes.  I did.  Would you like me to come?
Tyler:  Well, Mrs. Pettit (his teacher) does.
Mom:  OK.  I will be there.

A few minutes later, he called back and said, "OK.  I want you to come."

Mrs. Pettit called me about a half an hour later and told me that she had to tell me the whole story.  As it turns out, she asked the class if anyone needed to call their moms to remind them to come to the dance.  His hand was the first to shoot up, but as he looked around, he noticed that there were only two or three other hands and they were all girls.  His hand immediately went down, but it was too late.  She made him call me anyway.  It made me feel really good that he still actually likes me and gives me a glimmer of hope that he still has a spot in his heart for his mom :)

2 comments:

Moline Family said...

Awww! What a sweet boy! Don't worry, once you boys are a little older,(like mission age =)) it is cool to give your mom hugs and kissed again!

Coolcam said...

That is so sweet! Tyson still calls me to remind me of special things too, I love it! I hope they never grow out of it.