CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kids K

The kids and I ran a kids K up in Layton this morning.  It was so much fun!!!  They were up bright and early, full of energy, ready to run.  

They had lots of activities planned for the kids before the race.  Here they are painting mugs.  They will be ready in about a week, and I'm sure they will turn out beautiful!


Here we are waiting....

and waiting... 

and waiting some more...

Finally it's time to start.  Tyler was right up in the front of the pack, ready to go!


I think Emily was a little bit nervous.

When it started, they were both off like a flash!  I could not catch either of them.  I didn't know what to do.  Here I was running a kids race, and couldn't even catch up to my own kids.  I decided to keep running, sure that one of them would tire out and stop.  Sure enough, Emily started to tire out and look around for me.  I soon caught up to her and we finished the race together.  She struggled a little bit with a belly ache, but she was tough and finished strong.  We didn't see Tyler until the finish line.  He had been waiting there for a few minutes.  He says that he finished within the top 10, but every time I talk to him about it, his time keeps getting better.  He did do really well, he even passed up the race leader with the balloons.  I guess we'll never know.

After the race, they received medals and t-shirts.  They both worked really hard to accomplish their goal, and I couldn't be prouder of them!

WAY TO GO KIDS!  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND AM VERY PROUD OF YOU :)



0 comments: