CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lil' Hustler

Tyler had baseball tryouts last night. When we got to the baseball field, Gavin spotted a snow cone stand. He was BEGGING for a "smushie", but I didn't have any money with me. He didn't believe me and searched my pockets. To his delight, he found a presidential dollar coin. I told him that it was a special coin, and that he could not spend it. The evening went by, and the "smushie" was forgotten, until he met up with his buddy, Reilly.


I was chatting with a few friends and looked up to see Gavin and Reilly in line for a smushie. They got to the front of the line and spent quite a bit of time talking to the employees. The line was quickly backing up behind them. I sent Emily to get him before he could spend the coin, but she was too late. Gavin and his buddy both scored $2 smushies. The employees had even decorated their cups and written their names and flavors on them. I have no idea how these little charmers got $4 worth of smushies for $1. Luckily, I was able to replace the presidential dollar with an ashtray full of change. Next time we go to the baseball park, I'll make sure I take a couple of dollars along.

0 comments: