CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Emergency!

The kids and I were outside playing tonight, and Kate was inside sleeping in her swing.  Travis had a meeting to go to, so he came out the back door to tell us goodbye.  He left out the front door, which I told him to make sure was locked so that Kate would be OK.  About an hour later, I decided that it was time to go in the house.  The back door was locked.  I panicked a little and figured that Travis had left the front door open.  No such luck.  KATE WAS LOCKED IN THE HOUSE BY HERSELF!  I could see her through the window and she was peacefully swinging.  I didn't know what to do.  I didn't have a key or even a phone to call him.  I sent the kids walking up to the church to find him, just as my neighbor walked outside.  I asked to use their phone, but Travis was in a meeting, so of course he had his phone off.  My neighbor (bless her heart), said she would go look for the kids to make sure they were safe.  She came back, with the key, a few minutes later.  Man, I am grateful for such good neighbors!!! You are the best Heidi!  Travis, you are in TROUBLE!!!  Kate was oblivious to the whole thing.  Luckily the house didn't catch fire.

This is how we found her :)

2 comments:

Coolcam said...

That's scary! That kind-of happened to us once, Tyson locked himself and my niece inside the car on a hot summer day! We panniked, then I called OnStar and they unlocked the car via sattellite! Thank heaven for technology :).

Travis & Steff said...

Cami-
You remained calmer than I would have. I would have broken the window. It's funny how you kind of lose your mind (or at least I do) when you're in a situation like that.