CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Gavin!

I cannot believe that Gavin is three years old already.  It makes me really sad to see him growing up more and more every day.  We had such a fun day today.  All Gavin wanted for his birthday was a Star Wars birthday cake.  It turned out awful!!!  I had a wonderful picture in my head of how it would turn out and it looked nowhere near what I had planned.  Of course he loved it anyway, so that's all that really matters.  

He was spoiled by his grandparents and aunts and uncles.  His favorite present was the Nerf ball gun we bought for him.  Go figure, you spend tons of money on toys and they prefer the $14.99 Nerf gun.  

My parents bought him some cowboy boots.  He was THRILLED!  However, they didn't fit so they have to exchange them.  He was NOT HAPPY about taking them off.  Maybe now we can retire the snow boots.

His cake was not blog worthy, but here he is blowing out the candles!  It took him three tries.  One for each candle :)  He even sang happy birthday to himself.  

Gavin is such a sweetheart.  We are so blessed to have him as part of our family!

5 comments:

AlexFam said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! The cake looks great. There's a blog called cakewrecks that makes fun of homemade and store bought cakes. I'm sure your cake couldn't be as bad as some of the cakes featured there.

leslee said...

I can't believe he's 3! It goes too fast!! He is so cute and it looks like he had a great bday. Hope to see you at lunch next time!

Andrea said...

How exciting to see that you have a Blog! I guess I found the appropriate link that led me to a world of blogs from people round here. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I'll check back often. :0)Andrea

Coolcam said...

Cute!! My boys used to wear their snow boots everywhere too! (Must be a boy thing, a girl would never waste her life with just one pair of shoes!)

Moline Family said...

How cute Gavin is. They are just too big now aren't they. Chase told me again today that "Davin" was his best friend.