CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lost Tooth

About a week ago, I noticed that Gavin's permanent tooth was coming in behind his baby tooth. I freaked out a little before calling the dentist to see what he suggested. He wanted me to try to wiggle it out. If it wasn't out in a week, to call him and he would have to have it pulled. Well, last night I decided that I should call to make an appointment today.
In the meantime, Gavin and his friend, Skyler, were playing in his bedroom. Gavin frantically ran out of his room yelling, "MY TOOTH, MY TOOTH!!!", with Skyler following close behind yelling, "I AM SO SORRY, GAVIN! I AM SO SORRY!" I found Gavin's tooth hanging by a thread, blood dripping down his face. He passes out any time he sees his own blood so I quickly laid him down, just in case. After I got things under control, I asked the boys to tell me what had happened. Here's Gavin's version (I had the recorded, but my video won't upload)
Gavin:  "I was in my room.  I was biting only my big ball and then Skyler slapped onto it and then my tooth fell out."
Mom:  "Did it hurt?"
Gavin:  "Ya."
Mom:  "Did it bleed?"
Gavin:  "Ya."
Mom:  "Did you cry?"
Gavin:  "Mmm Hmmm."

Poor little Skyler was so afraid that he was going to get in trouble. I should actually be thanking him for saving us the dentist bill ;)



Gavin was so excited to put his tooth under his pillow. Emily even gave him her special tooth box to use. He went to bed way before bedtime which was wonderful! Around 3:00 a.m., he snuck into my bedroom to show me the dollar the toothfairy had left him. He was super excited to go to school today and show his friends and his teacher his toothless grin. He is the first one to lose a tooth in his class and can't wait to put his name on the lost tooth chart!



Talk about a great first story of a lost tooth!

0 comments: