CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 23, 2012

Potty Training

I have been patient in waiting for Kate to be ready to potty train.  I found out the hard way with my previous children, that if they aren't ready, it is a disaster.  I have waited 37 months for Kate to be ready. I decided last night that today is the day!

We got the potty chart made, the rewards purchased and pull ups and panties waiting.  She was so excited!

She has been successful twice this morning and I really got my hopes up.  However, the third time has been a little trickier.  I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of to help her be successful.  We have read books, sang songs, counted, recited our ABCs, etc., etc.  Nothing is working.  As I am sitting there, trying to positively encourage her, my mind wanders to the countless things that I need to accomplish today.  Suddenly sitting in the bathroom, waiting, waiting, waiting, does not seem like a great idea.  But, how can I turn back now?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.....

*An update to this post *
Not only do we have to sit for 30 MINUTES every 20 minutes to get any results, she also insists on being naked.  So basically, I spend my entire day sitting by the potty with her.  PLEASE HURRY KATE!!!

1 comments:

AlexFam said...

Did you stick her hand in cold water, oh wait... I think that only works at sleepovers.

You are super patient to sit in the bathroom all day. I let my kids run around naked or in unders. It was the easiest way for them to "feel" when the start to go, and for me to "see" when they need to go. So we waited until it was obviously time, then we made a mad dash for the bathroom. They didn't like how an accident felt, and so they learned to act quickly.

Kaylee had some Princess panties, and Alesha told her that if she peed on the Princesses they would cry. Kaylees eyes got real big and scared looking, and aside from a couple small accidents, she got herself back and forth to the potty.

For Peyton I used small dollar store bribes, all wrapped up with a bow. Each time he went on his own he would get to unwrap a surprise.

Good Luck!!!! Every kid is soooo different and you're awesome!!!!