CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Park and a Picnic?

Let me make this clear.  This post is NOT a catch up post.  The following events actually took place today, Thursday, January 5, 2012.  Who would have thought?

The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days. I've been confused because we usually spend our January days cooped up inside the house.  Well, today I decided, January or not, we were going out!  We packed a lunch, hitched up the bike trailers and off we went!


 We had to take a short detour to let Gavin explore his favorite "Big Hill"




 We were famished by the time we got to the park. 
PB & honey for Gavin

Plain PB for Kate, and PB&J for me

For dessert.... coconut cream pie.  I don't like coconut cream pie and today was the first day the kids have ever tried it.

 Do you think she liked it? Actually, neither of them did ;)

 They did, however, enjoy their chips!

 After lunch, it was off to the playground. 
Kate really enjoyed the small slide (after I had cleaned it off, of course!)

Gavin beat me in a few games of Tic-Tac-Toe. Smart little man!

 We hung upside down on the monkey bars.

 Swung from the zip line.

 And had a "pole sliding contest". Once again, Gavin was the winner!

Kate was nervous to go down the big slide by herself. I was more than glad to accompany her.

 And for the photos of the day.....
So sweet,

 And so silly!

I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my kids today.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mom, and especially for these wonderful kids!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't believe this Spring weather - it's like we never had Winter. Looks like you made the most of it :)