CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kate's Birthday


My baby girl turned three December 8.  I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack the night before her birthday when I laid her in her crib for the last time.  Then I got in the bathtub and cried :*(  It's so hard to see her growing up so fast.

Kate LOVES giraffes.  Not quite sure why she loves them so much, but was so much fun to surprise her with a giraffe birthday cake!  She was SO excited!


It was hard to think of anything that Kate really needed for her birthday.  She is a little young to understand the concept of receiving gifts.  When asked what she wanted for her birthday, she would reply, "a birthday cake".  That's easy enough.  We decided that this would be a good opportunity to buy her a big girl bed.  Here she is for the last time in her crib.  She is growing so fast, as you can see, that it was clearly time for the big switch.



Travis asked me if I could disassemble the crib while he was at work so we could put her "big girl bed" together when he got home.  I told him no.  I'm sure that I could have physically taken it down, but emotionally, there was NO possible way.  Time is flying by so quickly, it makes my head spin.  Taking down the crib for the very last time was really difficult for me.  BUT, she adores her new bed and I love to see her so happy!


 We had a relaxing night with the family. We had the grandparents over for a chicken pasta dinner (one of her favorites), opened gifts and enjoyed our cake and ice cream. If you look close enough, you can see how much Kate enjoyed hers ;)




Kate is so much fun! She is sweet and sassy! She refuses to wear anything but a dress or a skirt. I am finally getting the hang of matching fingernail polish to the shirt she is wearing and which leggings look good with which skirt. I had no idea that such a little girl could have such a big opinion ;) Travis insisted one day that he could get her to wear jeans. He dressed her in jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes and she cried and cried and cried. Then he put her in a skirt. I have come to accept that if that's how she is comfortable, so be it!

She was so excited to go to sleep. I was a little bit worried that she would be in and out of bed all night. She has been such a great sleeper that I was dreading the switch. She did great! No problems at all! Way to go, Kate!!!


Happy birthday my sweet Kate!  We sure do love you!

0 comments: