CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day, 2009

What a great day!  The kids were all so excited to give me the gifts they had made at school for me.  Emily made a tile with a cute poem, which made me cry, and her handprint on it.  She was so excited when I made room for it in my curio cabinet (where all my most special things go). Tyler was excited, but didn't want to show it too much, to give me a card he had made.  It was a pop up card and on the inside it said "You make my heart jump for joy!"  "My teacher made me write that", was his reply when I told him how much I loved it.  Gavin didn't have anything homemade and felt a little bad.  I told him he could give me a big kiss instead.  He wrapped his grubby little arms around me and planted a huge kiss on my cheek, after eating a chocolate cupcake.  Here is the evidence.... I loved it!


Travis surprised me with new clothes which I so desperately needed. Things just haven't been the same since I had Kate... 

After church, we went to Travis' parents for dinner.  Tyson and Ashley made Salmon and Halibut from their Alaska trip.  It was delicious :)  

Most mother's want to celebrate Mother's day by taking the day off.  Not me.  Mother's Day for me is all about celebrating being a mother, and I wanted my kids around me all day long.  I love each of my children dearly and feel so blessed to be their mother.  Thanks kids, for such a great day and being so wonderful!  I love you all :)

0 comments: