CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ogden Marathon Relay

Yesterday I ran the Ogden Marathon Relay with some friends.  Liz Packard, Kiersten Peterson, Suzette Jackson, and her daughter Alysha.  It was so much fun!   We named ourselves Team DC (Diet Coke).  They are all huge Diet Coke fans (I don't care for soda, but that's OK).  Liz made us all matching shirts.  We met at 4:30 downtown so that Kiersten (leg 1) and Suzette (leg 2) could catch the 5:00 bus.  Alysha (leg 3) and myself (leg 4) needed to be on the 6:00 bus.  Liz (leg 5), was such a good sport.  She didn't have to be there so early, but didn't want to miss out on all the fun.  After Kiersten and Suzette left, Alysha and I waited in line for our bus.  It was fun to talk to her and get to know her a little.  Alysha left at 6:45 and my bus didn't leave until after 7:30.  An hour and a half late!!!  It was freezing while we were waiting, but once we got on the bus, we were fine.  

Here we are before the race! (R to L)  Liz, Kiersten, Alysha, Steff, Suzette

The bus took us to the start of our leg and the driver was nice enough to stay so we could all stay on the bus!  I was VERY grateful that I didn't have to stand out in the cold for two more hours!  It was fun chatting with others and cheering on the passing runners.  Alysha reached me at 10:00 and the race was on!  I felt like I was going so slow... there were tons of runners passing me.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I just couldn't run any faster.  The run was beautiful.  I didn't even turn on my ipod until about half way through my run.  I ran from the Oaks to the Timbermine (5 miles).  My parents were there towards the end of my leg and it gave me the extra boost I needed to finish strong!  It was so fun to see a friendly face on the course!  I had planned on running the last three miles with Liz, but when I reached her I was so tired!  I finished in 45 minutes!  I was really excited!  I had planned on running it in 55 minutes. I hadn't ran for two weeks due to a sore knee and nerve damage in my foot, so I was really pleased with my time.  I drove Liz's car to the finish and met up with the rest of my team there. 

 After the race!  I loved our matching shirts!

Here's Liz looking for the results - 4 hours and 19 minutes!!!

I was extremely tired at the end of the day.  I was afraid that the alarm clock Paulette gave me wouldn't go off, so I was up every 15 minutes during the night checking the clock!  It was so much fun to run with such good friends!  They are trying to talk me into doing the Wasatch Back next year......  That seems a little crazy, but we'll see how hard they twist my arm :)

5 comments:

Coolcam said...

Fun! That's the leg I ran in 2006, I decided it's the best leg of all! I think you should run the Wasatch Back, I want to do it someday too :)

Travis & Steff said...

Cami - If you are interested in the Wasatch Back, I'll mention it to the gal that is putting it together. She wants an all girl team. If she still has a spot, it would be fun to run it with you :) (IF I run it)

B&L Watty Family said...

Way to go! I am hoping to be able to do something with the Ogden Marathon next year, maybe the half(wishful thinking) or the relay sounds fun too! I'll have to get more details at lunch this week. See you then.

Lisa said...

That is very impressive! Sounds like a fun time.

Emily Snow said...

how fun! i didn't know they did a relay marathon. that is a great idea. you guys are so tough. i hear the wasatch back is amazing. i have been way too woosy to commit to anything like that man. i am starting now, that's it. what a cool accomplishment. miss you guys!