CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Preston Rodeo

The Preston Rodeo was as good as ever this year. It's always fun to get together with grandma great, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. We definitely don't get to see them nearly as often as we would like to.

Here's our little Buckaroo. I bought him a pair of Wranglers to complete his cowboy get up, and I have to say, he makes a good looking cowboy. He insisted on modeling for me. He wears his cowboy boots everywhere he goes, but gets a little nervous to wear his hat outside, fearing that it might blow away. I hope he always wants to be a cowboy :)

This picture was taken after the parade on Friday, before the rodeo started. It was a fluke that I actually caught him smiling!

There were skydivers this year. It's been a long time since I have seen skydivers, and I'm not sure that the kids have ever seen one before. They were delighted!

Kate loves her grandpa. This is the only picture I got of Kate where's she's actually happy. She cried through the entire rodeo. It was WAY past her bedtime, and maybe a bit loud for her? She was NOT a happy girl.

Gavin enjoyed every minute of the trip. He is always in heaven when we visit Preston. He wants a farm and a horse of his own. Someday buddy, someday.....

Emily was in heaven this trip. She helped Uncle Jeff move hay, and took care of the horses as often as she could. She is a hard working little girl. She enjoyed her time being pampered by the big girls, but her highlight was riding the horse all by herself. She was a natural. She was, however, a little disappointed that I wouldn't let her go a little faster.

I was a little surprised with Kate. She made a couple of new friends this trip. Kate will not sleep anywhere except her crib, so when Marlin got her to sleep, I was a little shocked!

She also fell in love with Ashley. Quite unusual for this little girl to leave my side for a minute to make new friends, but she was certainly glad she did! She couldn't have found better people to make friends with :)


She also enjoyed the parade. I loved this video of her clapping. They sure do make me smile :)

1 comments:

B&L Watty Family said...

Sounds like a fun time. We actually thought about going up this year, but we already had plans that weekend. Hopefully next year we can make the trip up to good old Preston.